Friday, December 3, 2010

Catalog Classification: holiday shopping list? Finished.

Yesterday I was thinking about Christmas gifts, and I realized that I think about shopping for gifts in a very weird way. While most people would automatically think of one's personal hobbies, interests, etc....I actually think in terms of catalogs..I know that sounds crazy, but I do. For instance, if I were shopping for one of my dearest friends, Sarah (#1 on my list below), I would automatically think of an Anthropologie catalog. With that said, I offer my thought process to you. Which catalog is your best friend? Your mom? Your housekeeper? If you think about it long enough, I'm sure that you will come to a well tuned conclusion. The best thing about thinking this way is that once you've decided upon an appropriate catalog, you have a variety of products all arranged ever-so nicely at your finger tips. Set a budget, and then start shopping! Here's a sample list of people I know and the catalogs that remind me of them, enjoy :) Most have links to take you directly to the company catalog. Too, I've written a few little descriptive words of why I chose the catalog in regard to the person :)


1. Sarah Tunkle , Anthropologie 

simple, sweet, sophisticated



2. Cecile Thompson, Crow's Nest 

turquoise, western, and all things rustic


3. Annette Joseph, Williams-Sonoma & sur la table

food, gadgets, kitchen - you can almost
smell the pages come to life.
warm and rich.


4. Craig Kettles, Restoration Hardware 

clean, gray, simple, with a 
perfect mix of old and new.


6. Andrew Wills, red envelope 

neat, personalized, unique 
gadgets and pretty red envelopes 
w/ a wax seal
7.  Bristol Gipson, sundance

down-to-earth, clever, witty
& kissed with airiness

8. Betty Jo Gipson (mom), Heather Beck & Ginny Branch Stelling, J.Crew

plaid, jewelry, timeless
& ultimately intricate 



9. Anne Neal Thompson & Andrew Wills, CB2 

edgy and of the moment

10. [me], Crane & Company

basics. paper. past-times

So, I hope my list has given you an idea of how to catalog classify your holiday shopping lists. I can't wait to hear your thoughts....what catalog reminds you of me? Keep me posted. Happy shopping :) 

2 comments: