Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kiel James Patrick

 
Just hearing the name, Kiel James Patrick sends my mind straight to an Ivy League college campus; plaids, herringbone, bright colors, leathers, chinos, polos, oxfords, and bow ties quickly follow.  Now, when it comes to high style, I’m usually lacking. Though I try arduously (with the encouragement of Andrew, who bought me GQ’s Men’s Fashion Guide for Christmas, hint...), I can’t seem to grasp ‘modern’ men’s fashion as well as most, steering clear from popular stores and brands such as Express, H&M, Versace, Calvin Klein, and the continuum of sleek modern menswear. 
 
To me, it just doesn’t look right on me. For that reason, I frequent my two favorite stores, J.Crew and the Ralph Lauren section of Macy’s or Dillard’s (I’d shop at Brooks Brother’s if they were ingenious enough to make extra smalls). Rarely do I find a new wardrobe addition from another store or brand that I truly love, but coming across Kiel James Patrick quickly changed my mind…
Though his Facebook page reports his birth date to be December 28, 1902, I’m going to guess that he’s around 23; although I’ll give him credit for being as classic as 1902, he’s a fine looking fellow himself. Patrick’s collection of wristbands capture preppy, simple, and traditional style to its fullest.  If you haven’t seen the collection, be sure to check out www.kieljamespatrick.com.   
Also worth mentioning, KJP recently accessorized “The Hilfiger’s,” and I’ve spotted him in Orvis. So, if you like classic, preppy style you are certain to fall in love with KJP’s wristbands, hair bands, watches, and other products. My personal favorites are the Ohanzee Bracelet and the Split Leather Reep Silk collections. My projection; these little wristbands will be a frat favorite very soon. I’d like to see KJP grow into a full-blown clothing brand, and if it does, I hope they remember to make extra smalls and 29 waist pants. 

- Brent






No comments:

Post a Comment