Wednesday, March 9, 2011

glass canisters. five different uses + many more

photographed | written | styled : brent gipson, plastic paper

I must admit that I have a secret admiration for class containers, especially these little miniature ones with metal clasps. Best of all they're inexpensive, and can make the most ordinary of things appear fanciful and aesthetically pleasing. Had fun styling + photographing them, enjoy...

[practicability + pretty] 

Ceramic Topped Containers, .99 @ World Market, glass: thrift store 3/ 1.99

Here's five uses for these little jar / containers :

#1 : I used this one for a cream that my grandma Bette made
#2 loose leaf tea | spices
#3 push pins + paper clips
#4 vitamins + remedies + meds, lord knows I have lots :)
#5a Matches
#5b Matches
1. this little container makes applying topical creams so easy, no squeezing tubes + it looks pretty sink-side
2. the tight closer of the rubber + clasp keeps loose leaf tea fresh, aromatic and makes it easily accessible ( I bought the little white tags at the craft store, 16 tags for $2.00)
3.  nice, easy, and clean method of cleaning up your desk space
4. like the tea, these little canisters create a good seal and display your vitamins like they're fine art
5. matches....perfect for an outdoor space where there's moisture, container keeps things dry and, did I mention that it's pretty?


more uses that I didn't mention? comment below and tell me how you use them...

3 comments:

  1. i will always use canisters.. big or small.
    my grandmother always had the best stuff in them in her kitchen!
    animal crackers, saltines, toast chee crackers... packages of ramen.
    everything stayed fresh! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby pins - I always lose them! Small earrings! Toothpicks! Rings! Loose keys... Love little trinkets and containers that hold them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for these little canisters at Goodwills and other thrift stores and then realized that you can get a variety of sizes at World mart for around $3.00, feelin pretty stupid but glad I found them.

    ReplyDelete