Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lights. Camera. Action!

After a long day of food styling: attempting to catch the light coming through the windows of my bosses' home, and being careful not to stand in the way of this precious element, I made my to High Point, NC to style a few showrooms for market. On the drive, I began to notice things that I usually don't see on my drive....Seriously, at points, I thought that I had taken the wrong road. Why? Because things look so much different at night! Our eyes see reflections of color, making light one of the most important aspects of both design and life. Road signs, buildings, towers, and store fronts alike, all were far more evident during my night-time drive....a backdrop of black darkness made them much more evident...
Vintage lighting is my favorite. These are a few of the lighting pieces that I worked with while styling the Genesee River Antique showroom at the new Antiques and Design Center at Market Square in High Point, NC. I loved the way that I grouped the three old lights together. Can you guess what their nickname is? Wouldn't they look great in a foyer? The white lights are old school lights - giving off a soft glow and perfect for a bar or kitchen. Lastly, my favorite are these old gymnasium lights, they're so cool! If you have a project that needs some unique lighting options, don't hesitate to e-mail me! All these are still available.
These old drafting tables are so cool...and these old green lights are simply amazing. The "plates" that are on the drafting boards are actually very old, and have the instructors comments still written on them...so cool! Wouldn't they look amazing framed and hung in a studio or office?
My tip of the day: 
Lighting is key! It can change the persona of a space in an instant..

No comments:

Post a Comment